Pages

Friday 10 August 2012

Review | Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse

I have been on the quest for my perfect hair product for many a year now, it all started in about year nine I would say, I was around the thirteen/fourteen age if you don’t get the school system we have here in England. It was at this time that the trend for ruler straight hair was in full swing and like the naïve, young child that I was, I wanted a piece of that pie. I then proceeded to straighten my hair, I kid you not, four or five times a day with a pair of straighteners that I bought from a shop called Ethel Austin for the grand old price of three pounds.  

Needless to say this destroyed my hair. Full on destroyed it. At this age I didn’t know anything about heat protectants or anything like that and so my hair fought this battle against my straighteners alone, and lost. Oh boy did it lose! Since then I've been searching for a way to tame my naturally curly-ish, wavy-ish, frizzy-ish hair without submitting it to the insane levels of heat I used to.

In a glossy box maybe last month (I can't really remember to tell you the truth), I received the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse. The oil is described as a dry oil that can be used on your hair, face and body. I haven't ventured into using it on my skin yet but I've been using it on my hair for the past few weeks. Now I've used a hell of a lot of different products on my hair, always hoping for something that will tame the damage that habitual heat styling and a lot of bleach will inevitably cause. So I decided to add in this dry oil to my normal after shower hair routine, (I'll do a separate post on that because otherwise this would be way too long!). I was hopeful but as always I didn't place any major weight on this product actually making a significant difference in my hair.

My hair is extremely dry and fragile due to all the bleach I used to use on it but a few drops of the Nuxe oil(seriously two or three drops will do my whole head of hair and I have a lot of hair!) and my hair feels really soft and with a good amount of shine! The smell of the oil itself is slightly strange, like sort of planty but I think the smell is totally worth the results and the smell doesn't linger for too long anyway, which for me is a plus point as I don’t really like my hair to smell really strongly as it kind of freaks me out a little bit (weird, I know).

The only down side I would say that there is to this product is the packaging. don’t get me wrong I really like how it looks, the little glass bottle that the oil comes in is lovely and looks very classy and expensive but it does make the application process slightly tricky. It's still very do-able but I personally think that a spray or dropper would have just made this an absolute must have for me.

All in all I would still give the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse four and a half stars out of five purely for the effect it has on my hair. If you would be interested in trying it for yourself then you can buy it online for around the thirty pound mark here.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...