Pages

Sunday 19 May 2013

Life | Quote time #1

Pinned Image
Recently I've been having a pretty shitty time of it to be honest, hence the extreme inactivity on here (apologies, apologies). My job ended, I couldn't afford my house anymore and blah blah blah. Let's not turn this into a lets all feel sorry for me type of post as we all know I can't stand a moaner.
 
What I have learnt from all this is that you have to make the best of every situation that you find yourself in. For example, yes I lost my job in Selfridges (not due to incompetence may I add! My contract ended) but in not having this job in the toy department, yes snores, I have now found myself a new job in Cos; basically a more expensive Zara. Yes it doesn't pay as well and yes I miss the people I used to work with but now instead of trying to sell lightsabers - is that even how you spell it? I am selling pretty decently nice clothing to the wealthies that patronise Regent Street. And also, yes, I might be getting a pound less an hour than I used to but its seven pound eighty more than I would be getting if I didn't have a job.
 
And yes, I might have had to leave my beautiful riverside apartment but it means that now I can move in with the boyfriend *high five for exciting adult life move* Anyway you get the point. I like the quote above that I found on Pinterest after being inspired by the lovely Louise from A Sprinkle of Glitter because it feels like a less cliched version of the old classic 'lifes not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain'. Basically I'm just trying to be a duck. Ok odd metaphor but you get the gist, let the water run off your back and make the best of a bad situation.

What do you think? How do you deal with hard times?

Love and whatnot
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...