Pages

Monday 22 October 2012

Beauty | Shellac nails

Very much like with my hair I have had a lifelong battle with getting my nails to do what I want them to do! They are dry, flaky and peel off in little bits and just generally look awful. I am one of those people who hide their nails on the tube for fear of a random stranger seeing them and thinking something unsavoury about them, sad I know. Any nail varnish I put on, no matter how high end would chip and flake away literally within a day so I had been looking for a more permanent nail solution for a while now.

I stumbled upon a little beauty salon around the corner from my house the other day whilst I was looking for quite embarrassingly, a chip shop. This place does shellac manicures for twenty pounds and so I thought why not? I had heard really good things about shellac and how it doesn't chip, so I figured it was worth a go.

To cut a very long story short, I absolutely LOVE them! As you can see I chose a bright red colour called 'hollywood', thats one of the only downsides to shellac, that you only have quite a restricted colour range but the colours that they do have are really lovely and I think that there would be something there to suit everyones tastes. The whole process took around fourty five minutes but I did have a full manicure and not just the paint. In the place that I had mine done, to only get your nails painted with the shellac is cheaper as well. 

Shellac is basically a uv gel nail polish and so you apply it just as you would a nail polish and then put your hand under a uv light to set the polish. Its quick, its easy and the results are incredible!

I had these done on wednesday last week and as you can see there are no chips whatsoever and they are still just as shiny as when I got them done. They are supposed to last for about two weeks but really they last for as long as you can stand the growth of your nail showing at the bottom! My nails grow really slow so these should last me a pretty long time!

Have you ever had shellac nails done? Would you consider them?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...