Pages

Saturday 20 October 2012

Beauty | October GlossyBox


I've been subscribed to glossy box for over a year now and I always have mixed feelings about whether to keep my subscription or to cancel it. This month was another one of those months.

This month I received four items as apposed to the usual five or six. My items were an Anatomicals body scrub, a Dermalogica skin care three step kit, a Skinetica anti blemish solution and a Yves Rocher lipstick.

Lets start with the scrub, which retails for around the four pound mark. I'm a big fan of the Anatomicals brand having bought some of their stuff before off of ASOS. Its a brand I trust to be good quality so I was pleased to get this in my box and this scrub is pink grapefruit flavour which appears to be my new obsession! Anything pink grapefruit or mandarin I am all over lately, its something about fresh zingy scents when the weather gets more gloomy.

The next thing I was not so happy with; the Dermalogica set. Its not that I don’t like the product, which includes a cleanser, toner and moisturiser and is targeted at spot prone skin. Don’t get me wrong, I do like Dermalogica and I trust their products, its just that I had this exact same set in a glossy box that I got a few months back and I still haven’t finished this set from the last time I got it! Still the set retails for £12 and so thats my moneys worth for the box right there.

The Skinetica blemish solution I am excited to try. I almost want my skin to go through a bad patch so that I can test this out! I haven’t heard of the brand before either and I'm always up for trying out a new brand. This retails for £7 and says that you will see results in two to three days, further testing to follow...

The last product I'm sure some people will really like but its just not my cup of tea, I'm not a big lipstick wearer, I much prefer lip stains because lets face it I'm not the most ladylike or graceful person and so lipstick will inevitably end up on my nose or halfway down my chin, basically anywhere that it isn’t supposed to be. This is a beautiful shade of red and if I was partial to a lipstick then I would wear it but I'm just not!

Overall I do think I was pleased with this box but I sort of forget that I pay for them every month. When I think that these four things have cost me around thirteen pounds then maybe I'm not so happy... ah well perhaps next month will excite me more. Are you subscribed to glossy box? Would you have been happy with this months box?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...